Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Monkey Bread Recipe

With Easter coming up this weekend I tought I would share a swanky recipe with my swanky ladies! This monkey bread recipe is always a huge hit. In fact whenever we do pot luck I get requests for monkey bread. So I will probably be making it myself for easter sunday since we do a big family pot luck!
Ingredients

1/2cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease bundt pan.
In large plastic food-storage bag, mix sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough; cut each into quarters and roll into balls. Coat the dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces if desired.
Mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

Happy Easter Ladies hope this recipe is a hit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails