Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DIY Wednesday

Hello my fellow bloggers and blog followers. Starting today we will be intorducing a weekly segment call DIY Wednesday. Every Wednesday the Swanky Blog will be bringing you fabulous DIY party tips! They will be for weddings, baby shower, and tons of other swanky events. If you have a DIY project you would like to share with the Swanky Blog readers, leave a comment or email me brandy@swankychicks.com to be featured on DIY Wednesday!

Today's DIY project comes from the Style Me Pretty Blog, and Abby Larson.
"One of our readers, Rachel, sent me THE cutest pictures of her handkerchief save the dates and I had to share. Especially since it goes with our shabby chic theme for the day.
Here’s how she did it!
I’d previously seen handkerchiefs and other bits of fabric printed on and really liked the idea of texture. I also wanted to create a keepsake. I ended up scouring ebay for about a month, collecting vintage handkerchiefs. In the meantime, I created a vintage-y layout using our silhouetted profiles. Once I collected enough handkerchiefs (and washed and ironed them, too!), I used the
Yudu (which is apparently trying to be the next gocco) to hand screen the 165 handkerchiefs.
Once they were dry and ironed, I tied them to some cardstock I had custom printed on one side with a pair of lovebirds and on the other side with a little heart pattern I created for our wedding suite. The single men received a white handkerchief on the patterned background, while couples and women received patterned handkerchiefs on the lovebird side facing up. I hand-lined some kraft envelopes using paper from a scrapbooking tablet. I created a custom label that tied into the whole design and finally sent them all out." After reading this blog posting I did a little research on the Yudu and I am obsessed! I must have one. The Yudu is an at home screen printing machine. All you need is a computer and a printer, and you will be on your way to screen printing all sorts of goodies in no time. I have so many ideas, here are a few from the yudu site.



Look at this adorable pirate themed birthday party!

1 comment:

Bovino da Latte said...

Loved rreading this thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails